What is the Chat module in Connect?
Connect Chat utilizes a Bot to interact with visitors to capture more leads and improve your website's visitor experience.
How does Chat work?
Connect Chat is trained to follow several different flows, based on keywords and context, allowing it to respond to any number of visitor intents. This knowledge, combined with Chat's machine learning and training, allows it to respond to messages within 10 seconds, minimizing frustration on the part of the visitor.
What features does Chat have?
Connect Chat has several features, many of which were built specifically for the automotive industry:
- Chat label on screen: In addition to being housed inside of Connect, Chat can also be accessed by clicking on a label (called CHAT) on your website. You can decide on the visual placement and choose if you’d like the label to appear on the left or right side of the screen. Read more about Chat label position.
- Search by VIN and Stock: If a visitor searches for a specific VIN or Stock number, Connect Chat will search your inventory and display the same vehicle, along with its price. If the VIN or Stock number is not available, Chat will offer alternative vehicles of the same class and within the same price range.
- Lease flow: Chat has a dedicated flow for visitors searching for Lease offers. Price range is understood to be the payment per month. If no lease is available, Chat will offer leases on similar vehicles.
- Book Appointment: When a visitor wishes to book an appointment, Connect will offer three upcoming dates (1, 2, and 3 days from the time of the chat, excluding Sundays), along with the selection of time (morning, afternoon, or evening) from which to choose.
- Focused, high-converting responses: Chat recognizes when a visitor requires further attention and provides focused responses by offering to put the visitor in touch directly with the specific department in discussion. This helps avoid long response times and prevents an otherwise frustrating visitor experience. These types of customized responses drive conversion.
- Dedicated flow for advanced features: When a visitor discusses advanced features, such as captain seats or engine power, Chat searches the details of the vehicle in question to determine if it can respond to the question. If it cannot, it offers to put the visitor in touch with an inventory expert, directly responding to their need.
- Offers and Specials: Connect has access to all OEM and dealer offers, and presents visitors with the option to browse these offers straight from their Chat. They can limit by Offer type, or by model, and see all relevant offers available.
- Improved mobile experience: Chat will be housed inside of the Mobile Minibar (as long as it is activated), providing a clean visitor interface on your website. Instead of crowding the limited space on a mobile screen, all interactions can be found in one place.
- Easy access to chat log: The entire chat conversation can be found inside of the lead’s Lead Page in the Connect dashboard. In addition, for those CRMs that allow for any formatting in an ADF, the entire conversation is also reproduced there.