The Trade-In Module is one of Connect’s highest performing modules. Trading-in a vehicle is a common step in the vehicle purchase journey for most car buyers, as shoppers usually want to know how much they’ll get for their old vehicle.
Module Appearance and Input
In this Connect module, shoppers are:
- prompted to fill in their contact details and clarify their shopping intent: are they interested in trade-in for a New or Used vehicle or just selling their current car outright.
- they are asked to fill in their current vehicle’s details, their own contact details, and then they can view the trade-in estimate powered by KBB (if Dealer has KBB provider selected).
Module Settings and Optional Follow-Up
Additional and optional settings for the Trade-in Module are included and can be adjusted from within the dashboard: Settings > Connect > Modules > scroll down to Trade-In section
Provider: A Dealer may select to use valuations provided by KBB or None - if 'none' is chosen, no valuation will be provided, rather the shopper will be prompted to provide their vehicle and contact details for a sales team member at the dealership to follow up (see shopper flow images below).
Email follow-up: If enabled, shoppers can receive an email with a summary of their trade-in vehicle details and value on behalf of the dealership.
Show Connect on the Trade-In page: the option exist to show the Connect widget on the trade-in page of the Dealer site, or to suppress the widget on that one page.
Allow contact from Dealership: the option exists to turn ON/OFF a checkbox inside the lead capture form which prompts the shopper to indicate whether they would like to receive further communication from the dealership.
If no provider is selected
If no provider is selected for trade-in valuations, then the shopper will be prompted to follow a general trade-in flow which collects shopper contact details as well as a few vehicle details as well. The conversion form will appear unbranded, and upon conversion, the shopper will not receive a valuation, they will be sent as a trade-in lead into the Dealership CRM.
The lead form will look like this:
The Trade-In Follow-up Email to Dealership Customers
With this feature enabled, whenever a shopper converts on the Trade-In module, a follow-up email will be sent to them using the email address provided upon conversion.
This email is an additional form of engagement for your dealership to take advantage of in handling lead follow-up. Instead of waiting for a member of your BDC to contact them, users will now receive communication moments after converting on your site. This email can then serve to remind them of the price they saw on your site, and drive them to interact further with your dealership.
How is the follow-up email activated?
- Sign in to your Connect dashboard
- Click Settings > Connect
- Go to the Modules tab
- Go to the Trade-In module
- In the Follow-up email section:
- Click the Activate button beneath Trade-In Follow-Up.
- Reply-to email - If the above is turned on, you can provide an email address to which replies will go, if your visitors respond to the Trade-In follow up email. If no email is provided, AutoLeadStar receives the responses and will forward them to you.