What is DNI?
Dynamic phone number insertion (DNI) is a tool that marketers can use to measure the impact of their digital efforts on inbound phone calls.
How does it work?
When a visitor clicks an ad that takes them to your website, DNI technology produces a unique phone number for that visitor. each user will see a different number on your website. Then, when your visitors use that number to call the dealership, they are effectively dialing a tracking number. Since they are calling an exclusive number, we are able to track the inbound calls, knowing exactly which call came as a result of which ad. This function utilizes Google's DNI technology.
Those inbound calls will be counted towards the Phone Call Conversions in the Acquire dashboard as shown below.
What are the benefits of DNI?
- DNI enables specific tracking of phone call conversions, which helps provide more accurate and complete reporting of your conversions metrics and a better analysis of your marketing efforts. Read more about how you can help us track more conversions.
- DNI provides visibility into your visitor behavior by showing how visitors are impacted by ads. By knowing exactly which content and keywords drive the best calls for your target demographics, Acquire is able to associate the strategies put into AdWords campaigns with actual results. Then, Acquire can optimize the campaigns to reach new users and increase sales based on the results.
How is DNI installed?
*NOTE* The AutoLeadStar DNI function won’t work if you are already using another 3rd party DNI vendor to track your inbound calls.
- Put AutoLeadStar code snippet on your website. Read about how this can be done.
- Dashboard set up:
- Sign in to your Acquire dashboard
- Click Settings
- Click the DNI Tab (First from right). The DNI option is turned on by default.
- Click Add a phone number.
- Manually enter all of your dealership phone numbers that appear on your website.
- The phone number you add in the dashboard should be typed exactly as it appears on your website, including parenthesis, dashes, etc.
- Add a name to describe every phone number - this will help you to segment reports later on, which we will create for you.
- Click Save.
- After adding a phone number, you can edit or delete it by clicking on the icon on the right of three vertical dots.
- The feature can be turned off any time by turning the switch back to the off position.
Do you have any questions about DNI? Please let us know in the comments section below.