Test Drive Plus is a module that aims to convert users by offering them a VIP-style test drive. Shoppers are guided through a series of questions where they will provide all of their preferences to receive the test drive of their dreams.
Test Drive Plus can be turned on in the settings.
When enabled, Connect will make use of this new and improved module, instead of the standard Test Drive module. The module appears as a notification to shoppers, offering them a premium test drive experience in addition to being accessed through the Connect widget and CTAs.
When Test Drive Plus is enabled, the classic Test Drive module will still continue to run as a follow-up interaction in order to Book Appointment.
The process consists of several steps. The user can skip any step, which he or she may not find relevant. Some of the steps require prior setup from your end.
The flow is as follows:
- Date and time- shoppers will be asked to select the date and time (morning, noon, evening) on which they wish to test-drive the car as shown in the screen shot below.
- Location- shoppers will be asked to select the appointment location from three options: at the Dealership, at home, or at their office. If they select the Dealership option, the address will be populated automatically. If they select home or office, they will be prompted to fill in the respective address. When a new address is provided, the Google Maps image will update as well. It is possible to limit the appointment location to just the dealership.
- Beverage- shoppers will be asked to select which beverage they’d like to drink during the test drive. You can decide which beverages to offer in the settings. Water and coffee are turned on by default.
- Features-shoppers will be asked to select the categories of features that they would be interested in learning about during their test drive.
- Expert - shoppers will be asked to select an employee that they’d like to accompany them on their test drive. You can upload these employees in your settings. Note, if no employee options are uploaded, this step will be entirely omitted and the user will not see it.
- Confirmation - shoppers will be asked to fill in their contact details (first and last name, phone, and email address) in the form. All details are sent in the comments section of the ADF.
How to set up the feature?
- Log into the Connect dashboard
- If you do not wish to allow for test drives to take place anywhere other than at the dealership, choose the "Only offer dealership as possible location for test drive" checkbox
- for Beverages list, go to Setting > Modules > Test Drive Plus
- Default drinks are Water and Coffee. You can select other drinks that you'd like to offer from the following list: Water, Black Tea, Cappuccino, Hot Chocolate, Coffee, Iced Tea, Lemonade, Orange Juice. If Water and Coffee are deselected, the entire step will be skipped and the user will proceed straight to the next screen without being offered a beverage.
- To add Employees, go to Setting > Modules > Employees > Add New Employee
- You can upload your employees with an image, in addition to their Name, Department, Title, and any additional languages the employee speaks. If no photo is provided, they will appear only with their name, title, and languages. If no employees are entered into the dashboard, the step will not be shown in the module.